Call for guest blog, video, and graphic art submissions in preparation for Paradigm Shift’s next event:
“The Purity Myth: How America’s Obsession with Virginity is Hurting Young Women”
A Discussion with JESSICA VALENTI, Author & Feministing.com Founder/Editor on TUES, FEB. 23rd, 7pm, NYC Buy Tickets Now- click here.
You can answer any one of the following questions- submissions of any length welcome, including poetry and graphic art:
– How do you define virginity? Where do you think this definition came from (i.e. society, parents, friends)?
– Imagine a world without the concept of virginity and “purity”- what would that look like?
– How has the concept of virginity and “purity” effected your sex and love life?
– Did you attend abstinence-only classes? What did you think?
– Were you brought up to think of female sexuality as “dirty”? How did it effect you?
– What are some tangible ways we can change the culture of virginity?
Submit responses to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include how you would like to be credited (name, anonymous etc). Video submissions- please submit YouTube private link. Email subject line: Your Name- Blog post- 2/23 Event.
ParadigmShiftNYC.com content is licensed under a Creative Commons License.