9:45am – 5:00pm
CONNECT’s four-day intensive workshop on the fundamentals of domestic violence (also known as Intimate Partner Violence). CONNECT staff and guest speakers discuss the types, tactics, and dynamics of abuse emphasizing the intersections between intimate violence and the many health and social justice issues affecting New York City’s communities.
- Why men batter and abuse,
- IPV related trauma and vicarious trauma
- the impact of intimate violence on women and children
- How culture and faith shape our responses to domestic violence
- How intimate partner violence affects LGBTQ relationships
- domestic violence and HIV/AIDS
- Domestic Violence and substance abuse
- The navigation of social service and legal systems.
- Safety Planning
Materials fee is $200 per participant. Sliding scale is available, organizational budget will be required for sliding scale eligibility. Go to www.connectnyc.org or call (212) 683-0015 ext.215 for more course information. CLICK HERE to enroll. Understanding Domestic Violence is the prerequisite course for all CONNECT Training Institute courses.