Call for Papers
Feminists For Choice e-Book Project
Feminists For Choice is seeking essays or narratives from feminists about what drives them to activism. Essay topics may include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
• When did you first call yourself a feminist?
• What does feminism mean to you?
• Did you grow up in a pro-choice household, or was your family anti-choice?
• If you grew up in an anti-choice household, what influenced your decision to become involved in the pro-choice movement?
• What does the pro-choice movement mean to you?
• What does activism look like to you?
• What do you envision as the future for the pro-choice movement?
Pro-choice activists of all ages, gender identities, races, and experience levels are encouraged to contribute.
The essays will be compiled into an e-book, which will be available for download at www.feministsforchoice.com. All proceeds will benefit Feminists For Choice, and will enable us to continue expand our online resources for the pro-choice community.
• Essays should be 5000 words or less
• Submissions should be sent via e-mail to CFP@feministsforchoice.com
• File format should be .doc, .docx, or .rtf
• All submissions should be received by March 1, 2010.
• If your essay is chosen for publication, you will be notified by March 15, 2010.
For More Information:
Please contact Serena Freewomyn, founder of Feminists For Choice, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.